Physicians’ Elemental Diet
Physicians’ Elemental Diet was created to meet the needs of patients as well as the unique requirements of integrative medicine specialists. The result is a hypoallergenic formula, containing no intact protein, corn or soy derived micronutrients or macronutrients with a flavor that is well-tolerated (and contains no artificial flavorings).
- Specifically formulated to contain free amino acids, partially hydrolyzed carbohydrate and medium chain triglycerides to aid in their absorption from the GI lumen.
- Designed to maintain nutritional sustenance as a sole source of nutrition for up to four weeks.
- Strictly hypoallergenic formula free from intact protein or polypeptides, corn, gluten, soy, and dairy.
- A elemental diet powder which is reconstituted in water, formulated with a well-tolerated flavor with patient adherence in mind.
- Gorard, DA, Hunt, JB, Payne-James, JJ, et al. 1993. Gut. 34:1198-202.
- O’Morain, C, Segal, AW, Levi, AJ. 1984. Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). 288:1859-62.
- Ueno, F, Matsui, T, Matsumoto, T, et al. 2013. J Gastroenterol. 48:31–72.
- Verma, S, Kirkwood, B, Brown, S, Giaffer, MH 2000. Dig Liver Dis. 32:769-74.
- Yamamoto, T, et al. 2005. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 11:580-8.
- Zoli, G, Carè, M, Parazza, M, et al. 1997. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 11:735-40.
- Van Citters, GW, Lin, HC. 2005. Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 7:317- 20.
- Bures, J, et al. 2010. World J Gastroenterol. 16:2978-90.
- Pimentel, M, et al. 2004. Dig Dis Sci. 49:73-7.
- Eiden, KA. 2003. Pract. Gastroenterol. 2003, 33-43, 47-54
- Fisher, RL 1999. J. Nutr. 129:252S–5S.
- Devlin, J, David, TJ, Stanton, RH. 1991. Arch Dis Child. 66:93-9
Thoroughly mix each level scoop (36 g) in 4-8 oz. cold water. Consume the mixture slowly over a period of 15 to 60 minutes or more, dependent upon individual comfort. Once mixed, any product that is not consumed after 60 minutes should be refrigerated for a maximum of 24 hours, then shaken or stirred prior to consumption. After opening, store remaining powder in a dry place at room temperature.
This product is intended for use under medical supervision. It is not intended for use in children.
dextrose, tapioca maltodextrin, medium chain triglycerides, natural flavor, l-glutamine, l-proline, l-aspartic acid, l-serine, potassium citrate, l-arginine hydrochloride, l-alanine, disodium phosphate, l-leucine, l-lysine hydrochloride, l-valine, l-glycine, calcium glycerophosphate, tricalcium phosphate, l-isoleucine, choline bitartrate, l-threonine, l-tyrosine, magnesium citrate, l-phenylalanine, l-methionine, l-histidine, magnesium glycerophosphate, l-cysteine hydrochloride, potassium chloride, l-tryptophan, sodium ascorbate, l-carnitine l-tartrate, sodium chloride, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate, ferrous gluconate, l-taurine, zinc sulfate, calcium d-pantothenate, beta carotene, niacinamide, sodium selenite, manganese citrate, phytonadione, pyridoxal-5-phosphate, cholecalciferol, riboflavin- 5-phosphate, thiamine hydrochloride, copper sulfate, Quatrefolic® (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate glucosamine salt), d-biotin, sodium molybdate, potassium iodide, methylcobalamin
lactose, fructose, sucrose, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, dairy products, artificial coloring, artificial flavoring, preservatives, disaccharides, sorbitol, mannitol, or xylitol.