Physicians’ Elemental Diet Dextrose Free
Physicians’ Elemental Diet Dextrose Free was created to meet the needs of patients as well as the unique requirements of integrative medicine specialists. The result is a hypoallergenic formula, containing no intact protein, corn or soy derived micronutrients or macronutrients with a flavor that is well-tolerated (and contains no artificial flavorings).
Physicians’ Elemental Diet Dextrose-Free is intended for use under medical supervision for the dietary management of patients who have limited or impaired capacity to digest, absorb, or metabolize ordinary foods or certain nutrients. The elemental diet is designed for the dietary management of irritable bowel, Crohn’s disease,1-6 small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)7-9 and moderate to severe impaired gastrointestinal function. 3,10-12
- Specifically formulated to contain free amino acids, partially hydrolyzed carbohydrate and medium chain triglycerides to aid in their absorption from the GI lumen.
- Designed to maintain nutritional sustenance as a sole source of nutrition for up to four weeks.
- Strictly hypoallergenic formula free from intact protein or polypeptides, corn, gluten, soy, and dairy.
- A elemental diet powder which is reconstituted in water, formulated with a well-tolerated flavor with patient adherence in mind.
- Gorard, DA, Hunt, JB, Payne-James, JJ, et al. 1993. Gut. 34:1198-202.
- O’Morain, C, Segal, AW, Levi, AJ. 1984. Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). 288:1859-62.
- Ueno, F, Matsui, T, Matsumoto, T, et al. 2013. J Gastroenterol. 48:31–72.
- Verma, S, Kirkwood, B, Brown, S, Giaffer, MH 2000. Dig Liver Dis. 32:769-74.
- Yamamoto, T, et al. 2005. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 11:580-8.
- Zoli, G, Carè, M, Parazza, M, et al. 1997. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 11:735-40.
- Van Citters, GW, Lin, HC. 2005. Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 7:317- 20.
- Bures, J, et al. 2010. World J Gastroenterol. 16:2978-90.
- Pimentel, M, et al. 2004. Dig Dis Sci. 49:73-7.
- Eiden, KA. 2003. Pract. Gastroenterol. 2003, 33-43, 47-54
- Fisher, RL 1999. J. Nutr. 129:252S–5S.
- Devlin, J, David, TJ, Stanton, RH. 1991. Arch Dis Child. 66:93-9
Thoroughly mix each level scoopful (35 g) in 4-8 oz. (118-236 mL) chilled or room temperature water. Additional water may be added to the mixture or consumed separately as desired. Consume the mixtures slowly over a period of 15 to 60 minutes or more, dependent upon individual comfort. Once mixed, any product that is not consumed after 60 minutes should be refrigerated for a maximum of 24 hours, then shaken or stirred prior to consumption. After opening, store remaining powder in a dry place at room temperature.
This product is intended for use under medical supervision. It is not intended for use in children.
tapioca maltodextrin, medium chain triglycerides, l-glutamine, l-proline, natural flavor, l-aspartic acid, l-serine, l-arginine hydrochloride, l-alanine, potassium citrate, l-leucine, l-lysine, hydrochloride, disodium phosphate, l-valine, l-glycine, l-isoleucine, l-threonine, tricalcium phosphate, l-tyrosine, dimagnesium malate, dicalcium malate, l-phenylalanine, choline bitartrate, l-methionine, l-histidine, l-cysteine hydrochloride, potassium malate, magnesium citrate, l-tryptophan, l-carnitine l-tartrate, sodium ascorbate, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate, iron gluconate, l-taurine, zinc sulfate, calcium d-pantothenate, beta carotene, niacinamide, sodium chloride, sodium selenite, manganese citrate, phytonadione, pyridoxyl-5’-phosphate, cholecalciferol, riboflavin-5’-phosphate, thiamine hydrochloride, copper sulfate, Quatrefolic® ((6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate glucosamine salt), d-biotin, sodium molybdate, potassium iodide, methylcobalamin
corn, yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, dairy products, dextrose, fructose, sucrose, lactose, sorbitol, mannitol, xylitol, or artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.