Physicians' Elemental Diet
Physicians’ Elemental Diet was created to meet the needs of patients as well as the unique requirements of integrative medicine specialists. The result is a hypoallergenic formula, containing no intact protein, corn or soy derived micronutrients or macronutrients with a flavor that is well-tolerated (and contains no artificial flavorings).
Physicians’ Elemental Diet is intended for use under medical supervision for the dietary management of patients who have limited or impaired capacity to digest, absorb, or metabolize ordinary foods or certain nutrients. The elemental diet is designed for the dietary management of irritable bowel, Crohn’s disease,1-6 small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)7-9 and moderate to severe impaired gastrointestinal function.3,10-12
- Specifically formulated to contain free amino acids, partially hydrolyzed carbohydrate and medium chain triglycerides to aid in their absorption from the GI lumen.
- Designed to maintain nutritional sustenance as a sole source of nutrition for up to four weeks.
- Strictly hypoallergenic formula free from intact protein or polypeptides, corn, gluten, soy, and dairy.
- A elemental diet powder which is reconstituted in water, formulated with a well-tolerated flavor with patient adherence in mind.
- Gorard, DA, Hunt, JB, Payne-James, JJ, et al. 1993. Gut. 34:1198-202.
- O’Morain, C, Segal, AW, Levi, AJ. 1984. Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). 288:1859-62.
- Ueno, F, Matsui, T, Matsumoto, T, et al. 2013. J Gastroenterol. 48:31–72.
- Verma, S, Kirkwood, B, Brown, S, Giaffer, MH 2000. Dig Liver Dis. 32:769-74.
- Yamamoto, T, et al. 2005. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 11:580-8.
- Zoli, G, Carè, M, Parazza, M, et al. 1997. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 11:735-40.
- Van Citters, GW, Lin, HC. 2005. Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 7:317- 20.
- Bures, J, et al. 2010. World J Gastroenterol. 16:2978-90.
- Pimentel, M, et al. 2004. Dig Dis Sci. 49:73-7.
- Eiden, KA. 2003. Pract. Gastroenterol. 2003, 33-43, 47-54
- Fisher, RL 1999. J. Nutr. 129:252S–5S.
- Devlin, J, David, TJ, Stanton, RH. 1991. Arch Dis Child. 66:93-9
Thoroughly mix each level scoop (36 g) in 4-8 oz. cold water. Consume the mixture slowly over a period of 15 to 60 minutes or more, dependent upon individual comfort. Once mixed, any product that is not consumed after 60 minutes should be refrigerated for a maximum of 24 hours, then shaken or stirred prior to consumption. After opening, store remaining powder in a dry place at room temperature.
This product is intended for use under medical supervision. It is not intended for use in children.
dextrose, tapioca maltodextrin, medium chain triglycerides, natural flavor, l-glutamine, l-proline, l-aspartic acid, l-serine, potassium citrate, l-arginine hydrochloride, l-alanine, disodium phosphate, l-leucine, l-lysine hydrochloride, l-valine, l-glycine, calcium glycerophosphate, tricalcium phosphate, l-isoleucine, choline bitartrate, l-threonine, l-tyrosine, magnesium citrate, l-phenylalanine, l-methionine, l-histidine, magnesium glycerophosphate, l-cysteine hydrochloride, potassium chloride, l-tryptophan, sodium ascorbate, l-carnitine l-tartrate, sodium chloride, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate, ferrous gluconate, l-taurine, zinc sulfate, calcium d-pantothenate, beta carotene, niacinamide, sodium selenite, manganese citrate, phytonadione, pyridoxal-5-phosphate, cholecalciferol, riboflavin- 5-phosphate, thiamine hydrochloride, copper sulfate, Quatrefolic® (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate glucosamine salt), d-biotin, sodium molybdate, potassium iodide, methylcobalamin
lactose, fructose, sucrose, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, dairy products, artificial coloring, artificial flavoring, preservatives, disaccharides, sorbitol, mannitol, or xylitol.